Saturday 12 April 2014

A poem for crazy days






First, The Fish Needs To Say


First, the fish needs to say, "Something
aint' right about this camel ride,
and
I'm feeling
so 
damn
t
h
i
r
s
t
y
!"



                                                                      -Hafiz (translated by Daniel Ladinsky)



This is a favorite poem of mine.   In moments of frustration, it pops into my head and immediately makes me smile.  Maybe it's just me, but I find it quite easy to be a fish talked into a camel ride across the desert.


Here is another saying that I find spot on:

                                                                              Image link


What about you?  Do you have any absurd poems or saying that bring you comfort when you are feeling crazy?



No comments:

Post a Comment